Tuscan Chicken Rollatini
Stuffing Mixture :
- 5 ounces of Locatelli ® Crema de pecorino cheese
- 2 ounces Grated Locatelli ® Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 2 cups blanched baby spinach wilted 6 slices Thin Sliced Rosemary Ham
- 6 slices Smoked Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 3 each large whisked eggs
- 2 tablespoons’s Grated Locatelli ® Pecorino Romano Cheese 1/2 teaspoon fresh Basil Chiffonade
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Pomace Olive oil for browning
- Chopped fresh parsley optional (for garnish)
- Step (1) With Meat tenderizer mallet pound and Flatten chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside refrigerate until ready to stuff and roll . In a small bowl combine Locatelli ® Crema di pecorino , Grated Locatelli ® Pecorino Romano Cheese and spinach mix well set aside .
- Step (2) Top pounded chicken with sliced Rosemary Ham and Smoked Mozzarella cheese , along with one each dollop of Crema de pecorino mixture previously made . Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- Step (3) In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, grated cheese, Basil , paprika and pepper mix well , coat chicken with egg mixture, brush on all sides, dip in bread mixture and remove excess crumb . In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat. Transfer to a small sprayed baking pan . bake Uncovered on low @ 275 degrees until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees approximately 45 minutes’ or until chicken is done and tender. After removing from the oven let set for 10 minutes’ for internal juices to settle before serving . To serve Remove toothpicks. Garnish with parsley if desired.