Spinach Lasagna Frittata
Hey lasagna lovers! Do you have leftover lasagna ingredients or just want to get your fix in a fun new way? You’ll love our easy, cheesy Lasagna Frittata with your favorite Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese. Layers of noodles, spinach, mozzarella, ricotta, and Locatelli cheese bake up in an easy one pan frittata for brunch and lunch.
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 TB minced garlic
- 1 cup defrosted frozen spinach squeezed dry
- 12 eggs
- ⅔ cup cream
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup grated Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese divided
- 6 cooked or uncooked “no boil” lasagna noodles broken into pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- ⅔ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Optional fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and coat the inside of a 9” oven safe skillet with cooking spray. Add olive oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add spinach and cook until no water remains in the pan. Reduce heat to low.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, cream, Italian seasoning blend, salt, and ½ cup Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese. Stir in lasagna noodles and ⅔ cup mozzarella cheese. Pour over the spinach mixture, stirring to combine. Use a teaspoon to dollop the ricotta cheese evenly into the egg mixture and cook the egg mixture on the stovetop over low heat for 2-3 minutes to set the bottom.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center is set. Top with remaining ⅓ cup mozzarella and ½ cup Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese and return to the oven to melt. Serve warm garnished with marinara sauce and optional basil.