Seafood Lasagna with Locatelli
- 1 lb lasagna noodles cooked according to package directions 4 TB butter
- 1 ⁄4 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups grated Locatelli Pecorino cheese. divided
- 1 ⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 1 ⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 egg
- 1 ⁄2 cup chopped parsley additional for garnish
- 2 lb chopped cooked seafood shrimp, bay scallops, crab, or lobster tail 2⁄3 cup toasted seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 9x13” baking pan with cooking spray. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and whisk in flour to combine. Slowly add milk, whisking continuously until combined. Continue to whisk and cook for 4-5 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in garlic, 1 cup Locatelli Pecorino, and salt and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl stir together ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, egg, and parsley.
- Spread 1 cup cheese sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Add 1 layer of lasagna noodles and top with 1⁄3 ricotta mixture and 1⁄3 seafood mixture. Top with 1 cup of sauce and repeat to make 2 more layers. Finish lasagna with a layer of noodles, top with sauce, and sprinkle with remaining 1⁄2 cup mozzarella and 1⁄2 cup Locatelli Pecorino.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes, Uncover and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving and garnish with breadcrumbs, additional parsley and Locatelli Pecorino.