Asparagus, Pecorino and Pine Nut Tart
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry defrosted in your refrigerator
- 3 TB mascarpone or creme fraiche at room temperature
- ½ cup fine grated Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese
- 8 oz asparagus spears ends trimmed
- 1 egg beaten well
- ¼ cup shaved Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 TB toasted pine nuts
- Halved grape tomatoes fresh basil, and black pepper for garnish
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Gently unroll puff pastry on parchment. Use a knife to lightly cut a 1” border around the outside of the puff pastry, being careful not to cut all the way through. Use a fork to prick holes all through the center of the puff pastry so it can vent and lay flat.
- Use a spatula to gently spread mascarpone or creme fraiche on the center square of the puff pastry, all the way to the knife border you created. Sprinkle grated Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese on top and arrange asparagus on top. Tip: you can trim your asparagus to the exact width and opt to make a pretty alternating pattern with the tips. Use a pastry brush to brush beaten egg all around the border of your tart for the best browning.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and flakey. Immediately sprinkle the top with shaved Locatelli Pecorino Romano, sprinkle evenly with pine nuts, and garnish with tomatoes, basil, and black pepper.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature