Locatelli Pecorino Cheese Crisp with Artichoke Dip
For Parmesan Crisp Tuiles :
- 2 cup grated Locatelli ® Pecorino Romano Cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper optional
- 1 pinch paprika for color optional
- ¼ teaspoon chopped parsley optional
For Artichoke Spinach Dip :
- 8 ounces Fresh Chopped Spinach wilted
- 14 ounce can Artichoke Hearts drained and chopped
- 16 ounces Sour Cream
- 2 ounces of ranch dressing
- 3 ounces of Locatelli Crema Pecorino
- ½ cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded fontina Cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced Garlic or ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced onion or ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 8 each large fresh basil leaves for garnish
- ¼ cup fire roasted red peppers fine diced for garnish optional
- Step (1) Heat the oven to 375° degrees . Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat. Or baking parchment paper well greased , Using a small cookie scoop, place heaping scoops of grated Locatelli ® Pecorino Romano cheese, , 3 inches apart on the tray. Using the ball part of the scoop, spread the cheese into a 3-inch circle. If desired, sprinkle with black pepper, paprika or parsley. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and lacy-looking.
- Step (2) After removing the crisps from the oven, wait 3 to 5 seconds for cheese to set up , using a thin metal spatula, drape them over a small bowl, or well-oiled rolling pin any other form you desire it to take. Alternatively, you can leave it flat to use as a edible canape
- Step (3) Add Spinach, Artichoke Hearts, Sour Cream, Ranch, Fontina and Mozzarella Cheeses, fresh parsley , basil , Onion and Garlic Powder to medium bowl and stir until well combined.
- Refrigerate dip for 1 hour to chill or until ready to assemble. Once dip has chilled , place on each parmesan crisp one fresh Basil leaf , top each with one 1 ounce dollop of dip . garnish canape crisp with diced red .