Pea, Leek, and Pecorino Risotto
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 leeks white and light green parts finely chopped and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups frozen baby peas defrosted
- 1 cup grated Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese plus more for serving
- ¼ cup fresh parsley for serving
- Add the stock to a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once the stock is boiling, reduce the heat to low and keep warm.
- Heat the olive oil in a wide, tall pot over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the leeks and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 1 minute. Add the rice and stir until fully coated in the oil mixture. Let the rice toast for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the white wine and cook until the wine has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- add 1 cup of hot stock and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, until the stock is fully absorbed. Continue to add the stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the broth is fully absorbed, for 15-20 minutes. (Depending on how fast the rice cooks to al dente, there may be leftover stock.) Add peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the Locatelli Pecorino Romano and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with parsley and additional cheese at the table.