Cacio e Pepe Pizza
- 1 lb refrigerated pizza dough or your favorite homemade dough
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Cornmeal for baking
- 3 TB butter
- 3 TB flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup grated Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tsp fresh cracked peppercorns
- 1/2 cup shredded Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese
- Fresh oregano for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees. Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium-low heat and whisk in flour. Continue whisking for 2-3 minutes or until mixture turns golden brown. Whisk in milk and continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes. Stir in grated Locatelli Pecorino Romano and 1 tsp cracked peppercorns, cover and keep warm.
- Stretch pizza dough to 8-9” circle and place on cornmeal on a baking sheet or pizza stone. Brush with olive oil and bake for 7-10 minutes or until crispy and well browned.
- Spread Pecorino sauce over the center of pizza crust and top with shredded Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese. Return to oven for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Top with remaining peppercorns and torn fresh oregano and enjoy!