Panzanella Salad with Shaved Locatelli
- 4 cups cubed Sourdough or Italian Bread
- 2 lb ripe tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber diced
- ½ cup thin sliced red onion
- 6 oz shaved Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese additional for garnish
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 TB minced garlic
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- 2 TB red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil additional for drizzling
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spread bread cubes across a sheet pan. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until fully toasted and crispy.
- In a large bowl toss together tomatoes, cucumber, onion, cheese, basil, and parsley. In a small bowl whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. When ready to serve, toss together tomato mixture, toasted bread, and vinaigrette. Season well with salt and pepper and enjoy at once.