Locatelli Falafel Cakes
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 3 tablespoons Grated Locatelli ® Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon fine chopped Fennel greens tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Chickpea flour
- 3 cups Pomace frying Olive oil or amount needed for frying
- Step(1) Combine chickpeas, garlic, onion, parsley, basil , oregano, Grated Locatelli ® Pecorino Romano Cheese, fennel , salt, and cayenne pepper (to taste) in a medium bowl. Add chickpea flour and combine well. Mash chickpea mixture , making sure to mix ingredients together. You can also combine ingredients in a food processor. You want the result to be a thicker like consistency .Form the mixture into the size of a small meatball approximately 1 ounce ball. Slightly flatten to form cakes .
- Step (2) Fry cakes in 2 inches of oil at 350° degrees until golden brown, about 2 to 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. serve with tangy Marinara sauce or Locatelli cheese sauce .