Charred Romaine and Tomato Salad with Lemon Pecorino Dressing
- For the Salad:
- 2 Hearts of romaine lettuce split in half 4 each 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon halved
- 20 grape tomatoes cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Grated Locatelli ® Pecorino Romano Cheese
- For the Lemon Dressing:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Grated Locatelli ® Pecorino Romano Cheese 1 teaspoon fresh chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Step(1) Preheat an outside grill to medium heat.
- Add a small sauté pan to heat. Slice romaine lettuce hearts lengthwise. Brush each half with olive oil and. Place, cut-side down, onto a preheated grill. Cook until heated through, charred, and slightly wilted. Place lemon halves, cut-side down, onto the grill. Cook until lightly charred. Note : ( If you don’t have a grill you can use a cast iron skillet optional )
- Step (2) Add 2 Tbsp oil to the sauté pan. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook until all tomatoes have burst and juices have thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze just a little bit of lemon juice onto each head. Top with burst tomatoes on each romaine heart and some of the thickened juices.
- Step(3) Make Dressing : In a small bowl, combine together lemon juice, honey, Grated L ocatelli ® Pecorino Romano Cheese , mint, salt and pepper mix well . Pour in a steady small stream , Vigorously whisk in olive oil to mixture until slightly thickens and coats . Drizzle dressing over charred Romaine and tomatoes garnish with dusting of Shaved Locatelli ® Pecorino Romano Cheese and serve immediately.