Pasta Puttanesca with Locatelli Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 3 TB olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes or to taste
- 2 TB tomato paste
- 1 28- ounce can diced or crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped kalamata or oil cured black olives
- 2 TB capers
- 1 cup fresh grated Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese divided
- 1 pound spaghetti or bucatini cooked al dente
- Chopped fresh parsley or oregano for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat add olive oil, garlic, anchovies, and hot pepper flakes. Cook for 2-3 minuets, stirring frequently, until garlic is lightly golden. Add tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Add diced or crushed tomatoes. Raise heat to medium high and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is saucy. Stir in olives, capers, and 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and serve garnished with optional fresh herbs and remaining 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano on top.