Mortadella, Provolone & Locatelli Sandwich with Pistachio Honey Pesto
- 1 large Locatelli Romano block for slicing
- 1 loaf of seeded semolina bread
- 1/4 pound of sliced Imported Auricchio Provolone
- 1/2 pound of thinly sliced imported mortadella
- 8-10 large basil leaves
- 1 large tomato sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup of roasted and salted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- With a mortar and pestle (or food processor) finely crush the pistachios with enough EVOO to make a spreadable paste, add the honey and mix well.
- Slice the loaf of bread lengthwise and scoop out the center, if desired.
- Layer the bread with the provolone, followed by the mortadella. Spread the pistachio spread generously onto the mortadella and then layer about 8-10 slices of thinly sliced Locatelli cheese sliced with a vegetable slicer or potato peeler on top of the spread. Add the basil leaves and sliced tomatoes. Drizzle both sides of the sandwich with EVOO. Slice and enjoy.