Fusilli with Fresh Fava Beans and Locatelli Pecorino Romano
- 2 pounds Fava Beans Fresh, in their shells
- 1 pound Fusilli Pasta
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Medium, Chopped
- 20 Roma Tomatoes Chopped
- 4 Basil Leaves
- Grated Locatelli Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shell the fava beans and blanch in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and, when cool enough to handle, slip off the tough outer skin of the beans. Discard skins and reserve beans on the side.
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the fusilli, stirring often, until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and fava beans and cook until the beans are tender about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and basil and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta and 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid. Mix thoroughly until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese before serving.