Baked Gnocchi with Pesto Pecorino Bechamel
Pillowy gnocchi in a cheesy pesto sauce comes together in no time. Make extra pesto and freeze it so you always have it on hand.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 ½ cup whole milk
- 1 pound store bought gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts and extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup Locatelli Pecorino Romano – grated
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup flat leaf fresh parsley
- 2 ½ cups baby spinach with stems removed
- ¼ cup Locatelli Pecorino Romano - shredded
- Cracked black pepper and salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For bechamel sauce, melt butter in saucepan over low heat, add garlic and stir until softened – about 2 minutes. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add in milk whisking until smooth. Cook gnocchi as per package.
- Place pine nuts, ½ cup pecorino romano, basil, parsley and 2 cups of the spinach in mixer and blend to a pesto mixture. Add bechamel to mixer and blend until smooth and sauces is specked with green. Add cooked gnocchi to baking dish and pour pesto bechamel over top. Mix together and scatter remaining baby spinach. Sprinkle with shredded pecorino romano and bake for about 25 minutes.