Chicken Roulade with Pecorino Pesto and Mushroom Sauce
A creamy mushroom sauce tops this delicious, savory chicken roulade filled with our Pecorino Pesto.
- 1 cup Locatelli Pecorino Pesto
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps butter
- 10 oz white mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp parley chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To butterfly chicken: Slice chicken breast in half, lengthwise, about 2/3 of the way through. Do not cut all the way through. Fold open the chicken breast and lay flat on plastic wrap. Pound out to about 1/4” thickness.
- Spread each chicken with about 4 tbsp of Locatelli pesto. Roll up each breast and secure with toothpicks or butcher’s twine.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on all sides. Place chicken on baking sheet and cook in over until cooked through, approximately 15 minutes.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes. Slice each piece into 3 pieces. Place on a serving tray, pour mushroom sauce over top. Serve with seasoned rice, vegetables or orzo, tossed with butter and garlic.
- In same pan as the chicken, add 2 tbsps butter, once melted, add mushrooms. Cook until slightly browned.
- Stir in white wine, chicken broth, cream, parsley, salt & pepper. Let sauce come to a low boil, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan and it cooks.