Pea, Prosciutto and Pecorino Frittata
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 slices of prosciutto – torn into thin strips
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes - halved
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano – grated
- Small bunch of chives – finely chopped
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Sprigs of fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk to combine. Add sour cream and milk and whisk thoroughly. Season with paprika, salt and cracked black pepper. Add ½ cup pecorino, and chives, and mix well. Add baby peas.
- In a 9 inch skillet – grease sides and bottom with butter. Add egg mixture over medium heat. Use spatula to allow eggs to keep running underneath to cook a bit. Drop in prosciutto strips evenly and sprinkle more pecorino. Bake for about 20 - 30 minutes or until eggs a settled and slightly firm in the middle.
- Garnish with fresh oregano and more freshly grated Pecorino.